Room 2048 (2048號房) — a dream machine for the Cantonese diaspora. In digital light and smoke, we pursue a history that is not ours. A living past, a dying future, and a stillborn present. We will lie. We will cheat. We will spend a thousand years here.
Room 2048 is a multi-media dance theatre work for three performers with live-generated electronic sound and projection. It was originally conceived as a companion piece/sequel to NINEEIGHT and is currently in the second phase of development. Room 2048 will be premiered from April 11th - 15th, 2017 at the Firehall Arts Centre, with touring to Montreal and Kitchener, September - October.
Performers: Michelle Lui, Milton Lim, Alex Tam
Choreographer: Natalie Tin Yin Gan
Sound Composition and Media Design: Remy Siu
Mentor: Lee Su-Feh
Room 2048 has been made possible due to generous space residencies provided by the Gateway Theatre, The Cultch, and Firehall Arts Centre, along with funding from Canada Council for the Arts and the BC Arts Council.
• MAI (Montréal, arts interculturels) Season / Montreal, QC / October 6-7, 2017
• IMACT Festival (MT Space) / Kitchener, ON / September 28-29, 2017
• Public Energy Season / Peterborough, ON / September 21, 2017
• Firehall Arts Centre (world premiere) / Vancouver, BC / April 11-13, 2017
• Dance Allsorts (New Works) / Vancouver, BC / November 13, 2016
• PushOFF (Theatre Replacement/Collective 605) / Vancouver, BC / February 5, 2016
• Gateway Pacific Theatre Festival / Richmond, BC / September 11-12, 2015